Archive for September 2009
enough moody black and white! let’s get with some shallow.
1. i think i need this jacket. isn’t it just the most gorgeous thing? (yes, those are tails it has. swoon.) i would wear them with the towering cos wedge booties that i’ve been coveting. you know, in that parallel reality where i wasn’t about to move hemispheres and where i’m extremely rich. (photo from beyond the valley, natch)
2. there was a funfair near me this weekend and i took my new camera for a walk there. ooh, sparkly.
(you can see more here, if you’d like to).
4. how exciting, there is a yayoi kusama exhibition happening in wellington right now! and i’m going to be there in less than a month!
well yes, as a matter of fact, i am. minidressthing, karen walker runaway; tie-dye circle scarf, AA; grey leggings, uniqlo; boots, solea. hair, 100% gen-u-wine bedhead. yep, i did get a bit of stink-eye for wearing a minidress on my local high street, but .. *shrug*.
1. frozen pão de queijo. this is the brand i get, from my local budgens — heaven in your freezer.
2. waking the dead .. and the post-mortems with my pal emily at work the next day.
3. the xx! amazing dreamy music.
4. sore tummy muscles from hooping
5. my new camera, the amazing panasonic lx-3. man, it is sick, and i am totally in love with it.
oh, and the rockstar. he is, was and always will be an extremely good thing. i’m sticking around for a few more days in london to finish a big project but i miss him and those days will drag. drag. draaaaaaag.
that we find a crystal or a poppy beautiful means that we are less alone, that we are more deeply inserted into existence than the course of a single life would lead us to believe
meu amor. um mes e vou estar nos seus braços novamente. não vejo a hora.
out the front of my lawyer’s building, there is this really rather fantastic sculpture. it’s this spiral of shards of mirror. and, well, i had my d90 with me, and so .. it would have been rude not to.
outfit details: band jacket vintage (amazing! from traid in hammersmith), t-shirt and jeans uniqlo, boots of fabulousness solea, red bag from marc jacobs, shopping tote from zambesi in NZ. yep, i do the two-bags thing, pretty regularly in fact. it’s mainly because i don’t want to overload my main bag and completely kill my poor shoulders.
whatelsecanitellya. it is raining very hard outside, keith floyd and patrick swayze r.i.p., the tattoo on my foot is nearly photo-worthy and i’m going to do some sewing tonight. there is leatherette, black charmeuse and leopard print chiffon, though not to use in the same garment. obviously. but now that i mention it .. hmm ..
taking outfit photos with photobooth is *not* that easy. but i gave it a go anyway. feel free to start the round of applause any time you like
jacket, junky styling (men’s jacket cut up and restyled – i believe this is known as “upcycling”, deus me livre); t-shirt, uniqlo art project thingy; million-year-old jeans from diesel, shoes aldo.
one good thing about working part time (much as i would prefer not to): lots of time off. i now have four days stretching in front of me .. highlights will include brazilian national day party, brazilian film fest opening at the barbican, trip to the cancer ward .. but what’s the best thing to do on a beautiful autumn saturday? drink coffee, take photos and go charity shop crawling. and that’s what i’m going to do after i press the “publish” button.
in other news, i miss the rockstar very badly. six weeks. seis semanas.