when the sandwiches are wicked ..
.. and they know you at the mac store ..
i went to launceston in cornwall and stayed in a b&b. for work, obv. english people, explain something to me. carpet in bathrooms. seriously, what is the deal?
things that are great:
1. maybelline mineral makeup. quite miraculous.
2. roast chicken made the quick way, boned and butterflied a la this method. YES I SUBSCRIBE TO GWYNNIE PALTROW’S NEWSLETTER THING WHAT OF IT. her recipes rock and the chicken was divoon.
3. this amazing mixtape which i found via the rather fabulous agent lover. seriously, it’s really good. it might be titled winter solstice mixtape, but it sounds pretty good in the middle of a london summer, too.
4. skype dates with my boy. i miss him so much.
5. this book, which i’m devouring at the moment. leaving aside the chavez hype, it’s an intelligent (though fiercely leftie) analysis of generations of plunder in latin america — definitely food for thought.
xoxo, jetlag girl.